HodlHodl.com – Peer to Peer (P2P) Over the Counter (OTC) exchange that does not require KYC ( Know your customer, identification documents ). As capital controls are increasing across Lebanon, Bitcoin is presenting itself as a potential safeguard of your funds and since we are not able to obtain USD an alternative is to acquire BTC using gift cards or WU transfers through HodlHodl.com. One of the really nice futures is their testnet website https://hhtestnet.com/ , you are able to perform transactions just to test the whole process , you won’t be using any actual money or Bitcoin to exchange but it will allow you to get familiar with the website before transacting.
So What is Hodl Hodl
Hodl Hodl is a global P2P Bitcoin exchange, which supports Lightning Network, that allows users to trade directly with each other and it doesn’t hold user funds like other OTC exchanges Because Hodl Hodl does not hold any money (neither Bitcoin, nor fiat) it is not subject to complex compliance procedures. All trades happen directly between users’ Bitcoin wallets.
How does Hodl Hodl work?
Hodl Hodl is a global P2P Bitcoin exchange, where all trades occur directly between buyers and sellers, and without a middleman involved. Each time a contract is created between two parties, Hodl Hodl exchange generates a multisig escrow Bitcoin address. The seller sends Bitcoin from his wallet to this account, and when the Bitcoin is locked in escrow, the buyer sends fiat to the seller. The seller then releases the locked Bitcoin from escrow using his payment password, and the buyer receives them into his wallet.
What makes Hodl Hodl a unique OTC ?
- Safety – we don’t hold users’ funds as other exchanges do.
- No KYC/AML – because, again, we don’t hold users’ funds.
- Speed – because we don’t hold user funds – all trades happen directly between users wallets.
- Before you trade real Bitcoin, feel free to learn using our TESTNET.
- Highly customizable filters and options to find you your best offer.
- It shows the difference between the market price and sellers offered price.